We are Ireland's premier sea kayaking company, and have been established since 1995. We care about YOU, our clients and believe you deserve the best.
Environmental Philosophy .
The Environmental Policy of ASK is to respect, enjoy and protect the unique environment in which we work. We are conscious of being guardians of the marine habitat, and use our knowledge of the local environment in order that all our fellow kayakers appreciate not just its beauty, but also its fragility.
We are fortunate to enjoy one of the most beautiful marine environments in the world in which to plan and undertake our journeys. But we know that for others to enjoy this special place, we must respect and protect it, and carry out our work in such a way that we enhance, rather than harm or deplete, its sustainability and its beauty.
Protecting the habitat means that we enjoy it at its most pristine and beautiful best, and we know that those coming after us will benefit from it as well.
Jim Kennedy owns and runs Atlantic Sea Kayaking.
- Level 5 Irish Canoe Union sea kayak instructor/coach.
Level 4 river kayak coach/instructor.Level 5 British Canoe Union sea kayaking coach.
- Has raced on the Irish national kayaking team at two sprint and two marathon world championships.
- Has been Irish and British national sprint and marathon kayak champion both 500 and 10,000m.
- Has won the international Devizes to Westminister 126-mile non-stop kayak marathon.
- is a regular contributor to sea kayaking symposia around the globe, eg Scotland, USA, Jersey.
- Specialises in coaching efficient forward paddling techniques for adventure racers and also for sprint/marathon racers. This is also very suitable for the sea kayakers who wants to be efficient, look good and travel further.
- Leads sea kayaking tours in Ireland, Spain, Mexico, Croatia, Italy and USA
- is a qualified personal trainer and designs fitness programmes for individuals, teams and clubs.
- is a graduate of the National Coaching and Training Center, University of Limerick.
- Spoke in Japan recently as a guest of Tourism Ireland
- Was picked as an Ambassador for Ireland's Adventure Tourism
- Attended the World Adventure Tourism Summit in Chiapas Mexico .Guest speaker at the Irish Adventure Conference
Maria is an all round adventure person . She is also a primary school teacher and is well qualified to run our Youths kayaking. Maria is the brains behind many of our our international trips, and when she is not on the water herself, is often to be found doing triathalons or leading walking trips in other countries. She was part of a successful, entirely female, ascent of Kilimanjaro in Africa. She thrives on adventure. One of Marias latest trip was guiding a walking trip in Cabo De Gato in Spain. She also led a kayaking trip in Italy during the Autumn which ended in a grand tour of Venice. Maria has just designed a beautiful new trip for us down the river barrow. She usually finishes off her kayaking season by doing the annual Liffey Descent canoe / kayak race.Hopefully Viki in pic below will do it with her? ( I heard her say it ) Maria also teaches English as a foreign language , which we can include in our activity breaks.
Naoise Kennedy / Adam Kennedy
Two of our up and coming kayakers. Help out in the office and on the water . Definitely instructors of the future .
Jessie is an all rounder, kayaker/office/driver
in fact, when there is a crisis, Jessie is there to fill the gap. She has completed the Liffey Descent kayaking race, and has been assisting and running many of our trips. As well as being a kayaker and a triathalon swimmer, she is also a dedicated runner. Jessie is a singer/songwriter, and has her first album to great reviews. . Check out http://www.myspace.com/jessiejkennedy Jessie and her partner Billy also run the Eldon music Bar in Skibbereen, there is also accommodation available at the Eldon.
Atlantic Sea Kayaking, Reen Pier, West Cork, Ireland
Phone: +353 (0)28 21058
An Atlantic Sea Kayaking Gift Voucher is an ideal present . Get twice the pleasure . Enjoy it when you receive it and enjoy it again at a later date when you join us on the water. There is no expiratory date on our vouchers .
We can e mail it or post it to you or to anywhere in the world.
Read about Maria's expedition to Mae Sot.
Website Designed by